Updated: Aug 13, 2020
Super fresh and savory cucumber noodles with ginger garlic sauce.
Ingredients for pickled red onions:
1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sea salt (or to taste)
Ingredients for cucumber noodles:
6 medium cucumbers
1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
Ingredients for meatless crumble:
1 cup raw nuts (I used raw skin-on hazelnuts)
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 garlic clove, finely minced
Ingredients for ginger garlic sauce:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup coconut aminos (use less if you want to reduce the salt in the recipe)
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 garlic cloves
1. To make the pickled onions, place all of the ingredients into a large Mason jar and shake to combine. Let sit in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
2. Using a spiralizer or julienne attachment on a food processor, cut the cucumber into thin, long strips. Place into a large colander over a bowl and toss with the sea salt. Let sit 30-60 minutes to allow the cucumber to release excess water. Tip: save the cucumber juice for a soup like raw vegan gazpacho!
3. To make the meatless crumble, combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse 3-5 times or until the mixture is crumbly.
4. To make the ginger garlic sauce, whisk together all ingredients. It will resemble a salad dressing.
5. To serve: place a layer of cucumber noodles on a plate or in a bowl. Top with the crumbles, pickled onions and dress with teriyaki sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro and seasonal vegetables. Note: if storing in the fridge for future use, drain any excess water from the cucumber before assembling.
Makes 4 servings.